Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ariah -- 10 Months


10 months old! I can't believe it! Ariah has become very fond of opening and closing things...doors, her toy box, cupboards, and the toilet. Yes, it is rather gross. She opens it up and plays in the water! I tried to get one of those toilet seat locks from Babies R Us, but they don't fit on our toilet...so we're trying to come up with an alternative plan.

As of yesterday she is taking a few steps!!! VERY EXCITING! She still doesn't have great balance, but she has the courage, which I guess is enough to get her moving. She will take a few steps to get to me, and even took a few steps to get from one toy to another yesterday.

She is still saying "dog" and we think that she knows who "dada" is now. We're not quite sure though because she babbles dadada so much. She took a break from singing milk for a while, but has revisited that lately. She signs it so much, we just can't figure out if she's trying to wave or practice her "milk" sign! Soon enough...

Another trick she learned this month was how to carry things in her mouth (yes, like a dog). She will put a toy in her mouth so she can crawl around with it!

Here are a few pictures from the month. She is a climber, so one of the pictures is when she climbed into her toy box and proceeded to throw out all the toys!





1 comment:

The Reeves said...

She is so cute!! My best suggestion to you for the toilet thing is shut the door and get one of those child proof door things. Brianne did the same thing & I always had and sanitizer around that I gave her everytime I saw her.